I have been preparing to create a set of mandalas for the colors of the chakras, as they relate to my “self” experience.
I am starting with the orange chakra. Why? Because orange keeps calling out to me to create it first. So, I did a bit of looking around…as orange is not my most likely choice. I have discovered some of the connections to the orange chakra:
- Abdomen, genitals, lower back, hips
- Sexuality, emotions, desire
- self gratification
- fluidity, pleasure, health sexuality, feeling
- Identity: Emotional
- Demon/trickster: guilt
- Element: Water
- Excessive characteristice: overly emotional, poor boundries, obsessive attachments
- Deficient characteristics: frigidity, impotence, rigidity, emotional numbness, fear of pleasure
So many of these words, and ideas, have been swirling around in my journal entries and my dreams. What stands out the most to me is emotion, guilt and water. I will continue to explore this.
For now, I am working on the orange 3D mandala. Here is a second photo: