When I think of risks…I think, well, might I mountain climb? sky dive? Ski from a helicopter?
Then, I read what she has written…and I begin to look for the small risks I need to get me through each day. These surprise me…as they do not really seem like risks…but they are…to me:
- call the eye dr to set my next appt
- call the salon to get a hair cut
- walk the dog on her lead in a new neighborhood
- record receipts
- set a budget date and stick to it
- allow my kids to make mistakes
- pick up the ringing phone
- write in my journal…when I feel like I have nothing to say
- go to a new restaurant
- write a song
- get on the airplane
- call to set dates for a presentation I will do
- draw my dreams (even when I feel like I really cannot draw!)
- send a hand written letter
- say I am sorry…when I am wrong or have hurt someone
- take the blame for something I have done
There are more…but I am beginning to feel REALLY uncomfortable.
So one risk every day. I will take the next 30 days to do this. Feel the fear, and do it any way.
What risk will you take today?